Happy New Year!! Let’s start if off right with a healthy delicious veggie recipe everyone is sure to love!
If you make this recipe I would love to see it! Make sure you follow and tag me on instagram @kristenscookin and hashtag it #kristenscookin.
Veggie Spring Rolls w/Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 10+ rolls
Ingredients for Veggie Rolls
- 1 Cucumber, sliced into 3 inch/7.5cm long pieces
- 1 Carrot, sliced into 3 inch/7.5cm long pieces
- 1 Bell Pepper, sliced into 3 inch/7.5cm long pieces
- 4-5 Green Onion, sliced finely
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Peanuts
- 8 oz Vermicelli Rice Noodles
- 1 Package Rice Paper Wrappers
Ingredients for Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Garlic Chili Sauce or Sriracha sauce
- 2 Green Onion, sliced finely
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seed Oil
- 1-2 Tablespoons water to thin out sauce if needed
- Prepare the sauce! You may want to warm the peanut butter in the microwave or let it come to room temperature first. Then add the rest of the ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Prepare all the veggies and place on a plate or on the side of your cutting board for easy preparation.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook the Vermicelli Rice Noodles as directed on your package. Drain the noodles and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Using a pan large enough to fit the Rice Paper Wrappers in, fill with about 1 inch/2.5 cm of water. Warm the water on low heat until flexible about 1 minute. Place the rice paper on a flat surface starting near the bottom, place a small amount of noodles. Then about 1 inch/2.5 cm above the noodles layer your veggies 3-4 pieces of each. Sprinkle the green onions and chopped peanuts over the noodles. Starting from the sides fold in over the top of the filling, then from the bottom begin to roll up. You can fold tightly, but be careful not to pull too much or you will rip the paper. It may take a few tries to get it down. See video below!
- You can make these ahead by ONE DAY! However, you will need to place some damp paper towels on top and them cover with plastic wrap. If you don’t they will dry out.
- You can skip the peanuts and it will still be delicious.
- If you want to add other things feel free! Chicken, Shrimp, Lettuce, etc. I even added some scrabbled egg to the noodles once! Yummy!
Recommended Kitchen Tools
Click the images below to purchase recommended items for this recipe at Amazon.com!