Looking for a nice light crunchy salad to change things up? Want a new side for your rice bowls? Give my Thai Peanut Slaw a try! It is great for lunch or dinner and keeps well if you like to meal prep!
Thai Peanut Slaw
Time: 20 minutes prep, 30 minutes marinating
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1” piece Ginger, minced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Natural Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- Juice of 1 Lime or 1 Tablespoon of Lime Juice (Bottled)
- ¼ head Purple Cabbage, shredded
- 3 large Carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 large Seedless Cucumber, cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 Green Onions, finely chopped
- Optional: ¼ cup Chopped Thai Basil, Chopped Unsalted Peanuts and/or Chili Oil or paste to taste
- Make the Sauce: Start with the container you intend to use to store the slaw. Add the Ginger, Garlic, Peanut Butter, Soy Sauce, Rice Vinegar, and Lime Juice together. (Optional: Add in the Chili Oil or Chili Paste) Whisk the ingredients together and set aside.
- Vegetables: Shred the cabbage. Cut the carrots and cucumber into thin matchsticks. Chop the green onion. Put all the veggies on top of the sauce in your container and mix together.
- Let sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, but longer is better!
- If you don’t have soy sauce or can’t then you may substituted with Tamari or Liquid Aminos.
- You can leave the peanuts & Peanut butter out and it is still delicious!
- Will stay fresh in the fridge for 3-5 days, if it lasts that long!
Serve with my Ginger Rice & Crispy Miso Tofu to make a Delicious Rice Bowl! Recipes coming soon!