The Asian Bowl
The thing I love the most about this recipe is that it is so versatile. You can change the rice for quinoa, you can take out the peanuts, you can use teriyaki sauce instead of miso. Lunch, Dinner or Meal Prep!
Step 1: Make the Slaw
I make a delicious Thai Peanut Slaw, but there are other options if you don’t like peanut!
Step 2: Rice
To make my Asian bowl I recommend starting with ginger rice! This isn’t really a recipe but here is what you need:
- 1-2 cups Brown or White Rice or Quinoa
- 1 inch piece of Ginger, cut into 4 slices
- 2-4 Garlic Cloves, cut in half (add more or less depending on your taste)
- Salt to taste (Just a pinch is fine)
- Rinse your chosen grain.
- Cut the Ginger and garlic.
- Add the grain to the pan with the appropriate amount of water. Add a pinch of salt, the garlic and the ginger.
- Cook the appropriate amount of time.
- Once cooked, remove the garlic and ginger and discard.
- Your rice is ready!
Step 3: Tofu
I make my Crispy Tofu with Miso Sauce! It brings the whole dish together by adding different textures and flavors.
Step 4: Assemble
Take a bowl and put as much rice/quinoa as you would like. Top with slaw & tofu. ENJOY!!